Our Junior Travel Ambassadors are very active planning activities across the school to promote safe travel.
We have achieved the Silver Award through the numerous initiatives and campaigns we run.
We have a school travel plan (STP) this document shows how we encourage the whole school community to adopt safer and more sustainable ways of travel to and from school. It consists of annual surveys, consultation with children, parents, governors, staff and the local community, initiatives and activities that are embedded in our curriculum and part of our day to day school life.
Here are some of the ways we help our school community to stay safe:-
- We organise for guests to come into school to teach us how to be safe on the road.
- We arrange ‘Be Bright, Be Seen’ Days where everyone comes into school dressed in bright clothes.
- We monitor parking outside school.
- We have signs to remind us how to park.
- We encourage parents/carers and friends to park and stride.
- We encourage people to walk, scoot or cycle to school, not use the car.
- We talk to our community police person about how to stay safe.
Our school is in a busy village and we want everyone to work together to keep everyone safe. Look out for future ways that you can get involved.
The Junior Road Safety Officers