Decorate a sledge
Thank you to everyone who decorated a sledge. We had some super entries. See the photos below.
A school travel plan (STP) is a document which shows how we encourage the whole school community to adopt safer and more sustainable ways of travel to and from school. It consists of annual surveys, consultation with children, parents, governors, staff and the local community, initiatives and activities that are embedded in our curriculum and part of our day to day school life.
We have four Junior Travel Ambassadors who have an active year of planning activities across the school to promote safe travel. They lead assemblies, plan competitions promote safety and assist the younger children in learning how to cross the road.
We have achieved the Silver Award through the numerous initiatives and campaigns which we run.
We try to involve children, parents, staff, governors and our local community.
At Brandesburton Primary School we want everyone to be safe. As Junior Road Safety Officers we are here to help everyone achieve this. Here are some of the ways:-
- We organise for guests to come into school to teach us how to be safe on the road.
- We arrange ‘Be Bright, Be Seen’ Days where everyone comes into school dressed in bright clothes.
- We monitor parking outside school.
- We have signs to remind us how to park.
- We encourage parents/carers and friends to park and stride.
- We encourage people to walk, scoot or cycle to school, not use the car.
- We talk to our community police person about how to stay safe.
Our school is in a busy village and we want everyone to work together to keep everyone safe. Look out for future ways that you can get involved.
The Junior Road Safety Officers